People love to decorate their house, and wooden materials are the first choice for them. However, besides the decoration in some situations, we have to think about safety. Such as to make a dining table, stair railing, balcony railing, etc. In making all these things, Wood enhances the beauty and ensures safety.
Today we are speaking about how to join 4×4 wood. This is a standard post size. We must remember the 4X4 post is very strong to use vertically and used in railing but not that much secure to use it as a beam.
People use many processes and formats to connect the posts together. Here we explain the best two strong and popular methods for joining posts. First, we will explain the tools that we need to do the task; after that, we explain the joining system.
TOP Four Recommended Products
|Hitachi C10FCG 15-Amp 10" Single Bevel Compound||Buy Now||Metabo HPT|
|Genesis GMS1015LC 15-Amp 10-Inch Compound||Buy Now||Genesis|
|Hurricane Turning Tools||Buy Now||Hurricane Turning Tools|
|Accusize Industrial Tools 3/8'' by 1/2'' Heavy Duty||Buy Now||Accusize Industrial Tools|
The Hitachi power saw provides its users with complete quality when cutting wood or any other material. One of the main advantages you have is that you will have great flexibility when using it. Thanks to its power, you won’t have to put too much pressure and effort on your part.
All users of a saw seek to make life easier by cutting different materials for their projects. With the C10FCG model, you can make completely clean and precise bevel cuts. You should not worry about mobilizing this tool since you can do it too quickly thanks to its weight and lightness.
- You will not have dust scattered everywhere when you work.
- It has enough space to be able to hold all your material.
- You can get it at a really affordable price.
- Easy to follow instructions are incorporated.
- It is an easy saw to configure.
- Your cuts will be useful, smooth, and straight.
- You must make sure to assemble the whole saw well to avoid accidents.
If you are a user looking for high-quality bevel cuts, the DEWALT Miter Saw is for you. Its recurring users assure that you will not have to buy another saw to cut all kinds of materials with this model of the Genesis brand. You can use this tool to make compound cuts in different materials such as crown molding and shadow boxes.
This Genesis´ saw will provide its users with an affordable price coupled with unmatched benefits. Its versatile size characterizes this saw. Besides, we find information that ensures that it has a design to transport it easily.
Another benefit that this saw gives you is its laser cutting guide that allows you to make cuts quickly. Besides, this saw will enable you to make all your cuts integrated and with greater precision. This tool is recommended for carpentry projects and other types of manufacturing.
- You can make quick changes to the sheet.
- Your cuts will be characterized by their precision, thanks to the degrees that the saw has.
- You will have a powerful saw with generous support.
- Genesis has designed its light to pick up and healthy.
- It has an innovative design that incorporates wheels for a better method of transport.
- It is designed with strong and resistant material
- Replacements may take time with the manufacturer
PSI Woodworking LCHSS8 Wood Lathe has a great reputation among users in the industry. This set provides you with steel tools that will help you finish your woodworking projects and other materials in the best way. You will have three tools with different measures to use in your projects, depending on the need.
Recurring users recommend it as it has materials such as high-speed steel. They mention that this tool kit will last up to eight times longer than other types of tools.
With the tools, you get when you buy this set, you can turn wood differently. Thus, you can also give it a Superflute style shape.
One of the most found comments during our research was that they are superior gouges. Your projects also look like they had been developed with high-end tools and without investing so much money.
- They are made with high-quality material.
- Your tools will be designed by the world’s largest turning tool factories.
- They have an excellent reputation for quality.
- They are sharper tools compared to others of the same size.
- You will have comfortable handles to be able to use them during long days.
- It is recommended that you always wear a safety mask when using them.
This Accusize Industrial product is highly requested and loved by its users. It is recognized for its precision grooving function. This action is usually shallow, but it allows you to perform an exceptional profile turn. In addition, its design with a pressure ring and its raised groove could provide everything you need in your woodworking projects and others in which you need it. Its users place a lot of emphasis on its slots with a wide opening by immersion and precision. It will always happen when holding what you are working with.
We took on the task of looking for this tool and others. However, we chose this one because it is not excessively high in price, but it gives you enormous quality. Also, because this tool could last you years without lowering your work quality, it always gives you pretty good strength when making side cuts.
- It works very well on rolled steel, whether it is hot or cold.
- It comes with everything you need to make sure you install the tool correctly.
- The approach angle works very well,
- You will need to polish the tool a bit before using it.
The process how to join 4×4 wood:
1. Connect posts using brackets:
· Two 4X4 wood post
· 4X4 brackets
· 2” Decking screws
· Screw guns
Step-1 Check the basement: We consider the beam as our basement. First, check the beam where we want to set the posts. We must check the head and measure its size. For a beam, the standard size is 6×6. So, we assume that the beam size is 6 by 6.
Step-2 Set the brackets: Secondly, we set the brackets on the beam’s one side and mark the screw points with a pencil. Similarly, mark the other side as well. After that, set the bracket again and filling 2” decking screws with screw gun on the mark points.
Step-3 connect the posts: Finally, we set the two 4 by 4 posts on the beam and Align them properly. Now, filling 2” decking screws with screw gun at both sides of the posts.
This is how we can connect 4×4 posts together with brackets.
2. Connect two posts with nuts and bolts:
· Two 4X4 wood post
· Miter Saw and 18degree protractor
· 5”/6” Nut bolts and washers
· Drill machine and wrench
· Small kneeling brush
· Pencil and sandpaper
READ ALSO : Best Wood Turning Tools In 2021
Step-1. Measure the post for cutting: How to join 4×4 wood
In this process, we can joint independently two posts without using any basement. To do this process, we have to take measures for cutting both posts from the end sides. Use an 18 degree protractor and set a 30 degree or 25 degree angle on both posts and mark a point. Now make a line on the points from one side to another side.
Step-2. Cut the posts:
After making the angles with Pencil, now we have to use the miter saw to make angels at the posts. Set the posts vice-versa. Remember, two angles size must be equal to 4×4 post size. Now sand the cutting surface for smoothing.
Step-3. Drill for nuts and bolts:
Here, we set the posts angle head to another angel head vice versa, and it will look one long post. Now use a drill machine to make three holes for nuts and bolts. The holes intersect into the angel parts of both posts at the same point. From the top, it looks like one hole though there are two posts so that each nut and bolt could connect the two posts strongly.
Step-4. Joint the posts:
Put the bolts and keep washers immediately before nuts into the holes. Then make use of a wrench to tighten the thread as much as you can.
This is how we can connect 4×4 posts together with nuts and bolts.
It is a prevalent task all over the world. If you work to make stairs railing, balcony railing, yurt platform, and wooden house, you need to know how to connect two 4X4 posts together. You will face this issue. I hope this article supports you in getting a good understanding of this topic.
- Top 7 Best Rotary Tool for Woodcarving | You Will Love Them! - 21/09/2020
- How to join 4×4 wood | Best Two Process - 15/08/2020
- How to Nail The Baseboard With A Hammer | Tips and Tricks - 14/08/2020